Friday, August 20, 2010

still sick today...

I'm still sick today, spending a lot of time sleeping, which is good because it's exactly what my body wants. I've got a fever and am dizzy but mostly I just feel like my body went on vacation and forgot me. I am soooo tired and pretty weak.

Sor. Krim (she's just as sweet as her name sounds) was going to take me to the doctor today. When she was explaining how far we had to walk I was thinking there was no way I was gonna make it, but hey, let's give it a shot. We set out and ran into the doctor we were going to see before reaching the front door! She was here to pick up her son from the preschool and gave me an examination right there in the school office and wrote me a prescription for blood and stool examinations.  Fortunately the clinic was a lot closer so we walked down there and I did my business and then something wonderful happened: I got to eat corn flakes. I love cereal, it's true. Especially honey nut cheerios. I once skipped class for honey nut cheerios...but most of you already knew that because I bring it up pretty much every time I talk about cereal. And in a spirit of full disclosure, the class I skipped was irrigation, in which the professor's math was oft corrected by the students and we were told exactly what questions were going to be on the test, and their answers, beforehand.  So it wasn't actually that hardcore...but still. Okay, where was this going? Oh yeah, cornflakes. I had been longing for cornflakes ever since I saw sister buy them at the store, but I could never find the box, or we were out of milk or I didn't have time or some such thing. But today I saw them. They were sitting there on the counter when I came back from the clinic. And we even had milk in the fridge. Oh yes.

Funny story for the day: I was taking care of business in the sister's restroom when Father walked in on me. Okay, so I forgot to lock the door. I always do, it's a horrible habit that comes from having a lot of girls in your house growing up. So at any rate, I'm sick, sitting there just taking care of things, and all I could think to say was "hola." He yelped, slammed the door and literally ran away. I was not too upset about it, the door was only open for like a millisecond so he couldn't have seen anything, but I felt pretty bad for the guy. That must be pretty embarrassing. So after I got out I went back to the kitchen to finish my food and one of the sisters came in like "where's Father? Have you seen Father." And the other sister was like "No, I don't know where he is." And I just sat there like "Don't mind me, I'm just sittin' here eating fruit."

1 comment:

  1. Ah - you are always savagely legitimate :) Yay for cereal!!! And the priest story makes me smile :) Especially the part where you say "Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here eatin' fruit" Haha :D

    ReplyDelete