Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Holy Sat

It's time for another round of exciting news in Mary's life! Yay! Wa-hoo! Ladies and Gentlemen, I got into graduate school. It's an MSc in Environmental Archaeology and Palaeoeconomy at a university in England. Just pretend you know what that field is. I have deferred my entrance so that I can accrue some of the necessary funds through more of the sweat and tears we call jobs...or in my case volunteer positions. This time I mean it though, guys, I'm gonna find something that pays me. I would love any prayers you could send my way on that front though, because the employment field so far has been just as disappointing as the last several go-rounds.

Getting into grad school is both a relief and a stress: it means that somewhere, somehow, if I can just make it through this year, there is a future waiting for me. In the meantime though I need to read up on the field and figure out what I want to do my doctoral research in and start contacting the appropriate people. But I'm going to try not to think about that too much until I have a job.

VIDES has been great, I love Austin and have worked with some truly fabulous people here. I have gotten to have my hands in a lot of development and communication projects, which has been really rewarding, and I have started to build some really nice relationships with the kids here. Unfortunately, as is the all too frequent refrain of my life, I will be leaving them soon. Lord, bless them as they continue to grow in wisdom and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment