Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello dears,
I am back in the states. I flew back on Monday after a brief conference with Sister Gloria, the director of the program, and Sor. Pati on Sunday afternoon. We all agreed that since I was not healing there, the time had come to return to my home and seek medical attention here. To that tune I saw my doctor today and he said "You have something, I don't know what it is yet, but you have something." I said "Good, I'm glad to hear this isn't the new normal." I had some tests done and he was going to talk to a colleague who apparently does most of the parasite work in town so hopefully we will know soon what seems to be causing my symptoms.

Throughout all of this though, I have only felt the greatest peace and joy in our Lord. I love the people and where I was working in El Salvador, but I know that right now he wants me to be right here to do some healing. After this...who knows?

News break: I just got off the phone with the doctor's office and the colleague agrees that I have an acute amoeba blah blah infection which needs to be treated or it could turn into a liver infection. The meds will take two weeks, after which I will have to produce a clean sample. So I guess I know I'll be here for two weeks!

Oh Lord, to you I entrust my entire being, all that I am, knowing with total confidence that you are my Lord and you will care for me and lead me forward in the best way and according to your holy will. I surrender the desire to know anything else to you.

God bless you friends, wherever you are, God bless you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am thinking and praying for you Mary! I am so glad to hear you are finding the Lord's peace through all of this. Hope the doctors are able to treat you quickly and you heal soon. Thank God that you were able to come home to get treated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No liver infections!!! Yay for medicine :) I love you dearest - heal up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary! I am so sorry this is happening! I will continue to pray for you and your healing. Keep trusting God!!!

    ReplyDelete