Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's all alright

Sorry it's been awhile since I've put anything up here, I don't have any excuses other than a lack of interesting things to report. I still feel about the same: really tired, a bit out of it mentally. I finished the meds and am now waiting for confirmation from the doc that my little friends really are dead. When I went back in to give them a post-med sample I talked with my doc for a few moments and he was surprised to find I wasn't feeling better, but assured me that I did actually have what they treated so this exhaustion is either something else or a slow healing process.  We'll see. It's in God's hands.

In the meantime I have discovered Radiolab on NPR which is awesome, though I'm also a long-time fan of Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, another NPR classic. I have been going to a lot of potlucks and ceremonies for my little brothers in Karate and Boy Scouts...my how quickly they grow up! Apparently the Karate teacher had to call a special conference with Mom because of some issues that had arisen during class, namely b.o. These young men need to wear more deodorant. ;) Noisetrade continues to supply me with awesome new music, and I love couches right now. I also really enjoy the great American luxury of putting the toilet paper in the toilet. The pipes down south were too small to accommodate such frivolity, so the trash can next to it was always a bit smelly. It's a small thing, but it still makes me feel cool, like I'm breaking a rule ;)

I am also finishing sewing a skirt I began a year ago...to be fair though, I am sewing it all by hand (never got the hang of those machines) and I made up the pattern myself (aka am making it up as I go), and am using an old dress (ugly), leftover quilt batting and two torn silk skirts to make it. So for it looks...interesting. I'll post pictures when it's done, but right now I'm just enjoying the process and the challenge of working with such diverse fabrics.

One of these days, when I have a brain again, I will post something of more substance up here. I have been reflecting on things a lot and on a lot of things in my convalescence but haven't had the energy to explain them just yet...

1 comment:

  1. Oh man... I love the part about the boys. Silly guys :)

    I love you! Can't wait to see the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete